Thursday 12 February 2009

Twestival

This evening I will be going to Twestival in Liverpool. For at least the third time, I almost typed 'Twestical' there, but I think that is something else entirely. Perhaps to be used in a modern version of the mills and boon challenge the nano group have going at the moment. I digress.
It's at Leaf Cafe, a venue which I've never been to, and it's an entirely new event- there has never been Twestival before, let alone one in Liverpool. There will, it seems, be live music, and auctions of items as diverse as spa treatments, photographs and Stephen Fry's socks (worn). Oh and of course, a raffle.
I had planned to wear jeans. No, let me rephrase that... I almost always wear jeans anyway, and I had considered which of my narrow selection of tops I might wear with them. But then... on twitter... things changed...
There was talk of... shopping.
Now let me say right up front; I'm not adverse to a bit of shopping. I find clothes shopping a little stressful, being not the size six that the fashion industry seems to have deemed worthy of wearing its broadest selection of clothes (don't start me...), but I do like having new things to wear. However, aside from the fact that I am skint, one thing I do find very stressful is shopping under pressure. I find shopping to a deadline for clothes is almost always result in disappointment- you can never find anything you like, and then the 'stand by' things you already owned that you'd planned to wear if you couldn't find anything always seem shabby in comparison.
It seems that for the aforesaid twitterers, the shopping trip was a success, and new clothes were purchased for display this evening. This may also be something to do with the fact that they managed to get out of the house in that strange time of the day they call 'morning', which probably relieved the 'panic' element I would have felt if I'd left the house at one o'clock. I look forward to admiring their look and congratulating them on their purchasing prowess.
For myself, I will just wear my jeans and be content. And hope there isn't a dress code... o_O

2 comments:

NathanRyder said...

It's weird, but it feels like "Twestical" should be a real word... :)

And as for shopping, remind me to tell you about what happened in the clothes shop when I went shopping. And a related thing that happened at Leaf Cafe!

Sarah Monteith said...

I'm intrigued.... :-) x